There is a whole lot of stuff going on around here. First, I have been asked to do not one…but TWO cooking demonstrations at this year’s Nashville Home Show. Cooking demos are always so much fun for me, I really enjoy teaching people to cook a dish! The reps at the Nashville Home Show were kind enough to supply me with a few sets of VIP Passes to the show! I will be giving away two of the passes to One lucky winner through this post (details below).
Second, my household is really busy right now. Everyone is trying to adjust from lazy summer days to back to school schedules. This is the time of year where I take time out to plan my meals. I am not always consistent in doing this, but this year, my goal is to work harder at making the time to plan for each week’s menu. With that being said, I have been on a hunt for quick and easy weeknight meals that I can make in under thirty minutes! I found this recipe on Kroger’s website. I know you may not have this particular store chain in your area, but you can still browse their recipes. They had several recipes on their site that you could make in about 20 minutes. This particular recipe was one of my favorites, and I did make a few modifications as you will see in my recipe. I will be featuring this dish during my second demo on the Nashville Home Show on Sunday September 10th at 12:30pm. I hope to see your there!
Giveaway Instructions: To enter, leave a comment – any comment on this post. That’s it!
The rules: Commenting will open Wednesday, August 23rd at 5:00 am CST and close on Saturday, August 26th at 10:00 pm CST. Entries that do not follow the entry requirements will not be considered. One winner will be selected at random and contacted via email later next week. Good luck!
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. chicken sausage, sliced into 1" pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb. orecchiette pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water
- Heat a pot of water for the pasta and broccoli. Once the water begins to boil. Add the pasta and cook for 4 minutes.
- While the pasta boils. In a large sautee pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp. of the olive oil. Add the chicken sausage, onions, salt, papper, crushed red pepper, and garlic. Sautee the mixture stirring often.
- After the 4 minutes are up add the broccoli to the pasta pot and set a timer for 4 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before you strain the pasta and broccoli. S
- train the pasta and broccoli and add to the large sautee pan. Add the 1/2 cup of pasta water, remaining olive oil, and the Romano cheese.
- Let the pasta come to a simmer.
- Remove the sautee pan from the heat and serve.