My first official blog post! I have been dreaming about starting a blog for a very long time now and I have finally decided to take to plunge and do it! I wanted to make it perfect but then quickly realized that ain’t happening! My goal is to create a blog where people can get good recipes a few laughs and mainly inspiration to cook! Thanks for coming along for the ride.
This is a recipe that I have made many times and it has always been delicious! The recipe calls for Flank Steak but Skirt Steak was on sale at my local grocer and that’s what I used. I can honestly say I could not tell the difference one bit. Please run out and make this soon before grilling season comes to an end! Enjoy!
Korean Barbecue Steak
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend (recommended brand McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 1/4 cup Tamari dark soy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes, divided
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped, divided
- 2 teaspoons toasted (dark) sesame oil, eyeball it
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling plus, 2 tablespoons, twice around the pan
- 2 pounds flank steak
In a shallow dish, combine grill seasoning, dark soy sauce, honey, hot red pepper flakes, chopped garlic, sesame oil, scallions and a drizzle of vegetable oil. Coat the flank steak in the mixture and let stand for at least 20 minutes.
Preheat stove top grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high. When the grill pan or grill has heated, add meat and cook for 5 on each side for medium rare, 7 to 8 minutes on each side for medium well doneness.
inspired by Rachael Ray