I am sure by now most of you have had an Oreo Truffle, if not then go make some like now. They are the perfect small treat to take to any gathering. Plus, they only take 3 ingredients; Oreo s, cream cheese, and chocolate. You can find the original recipe here. When I was out grocery shopping the other day I ran across Red Velvet Oreo’s and immediately knew I wanted to make truffles. I also wanted to make the as a Valentine’s Day treat so I added some fun sprinkles! Folks, these do not disappoint they are just as good, if not better, than the original.
- 1 10oz package Red Velvet Oreo's, finely crushed
- 6oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 12oz. package white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the finely crushed oreo crumbs and cream cheese until incorporated. Using a small cookie scoop or eyeball 1 inch of the mixture and shape into a ball by rolling on your hands. Place the ball on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
- In a microwave save bowl add the white chocolate chips and vegetable oil. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until all the white chocolate is melted.
- Using a spoon dip each truffle in the chocolate to coat. Place the dipped ball back on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until you have coated all the truffles in the white chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.