There is a slight nip in the air which means one thing…well, maybe two thing:) 1. Fall is just around the corner. 2. FOOTBALL season is here!! What I love most about football season is the gathering and eating. Even if you are rooting for opposite teams every one is eating, laughing, and having a great time! When we host a football party I always make sure everything is as close to bite-size as I can get it. These spicy little burger bites are easy to make and so delicious! Now, let’s watch some football!
PS – I will be making these delicious bites this Friday at the Nashville Home Show. I hope to see you there! If you still need to purchase tickets you can use the code: CHEF and receive a $3 discount!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 whole onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Whiskey
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 whole slider buns, Split
- Form the ground beef into 12 miniature patties and salt and pepper them on both sides. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties until just about done in the middle, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the patties from the skillet and set aside. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of grease, then return the skillet to the stove.
- Add the sliced onions in the skillet and stir to cook, about 3 minutes. Pour in whiskey (be careful if you're cooking over an open flame; turn it off momentarily to be extra careful) and stir. Allow the whiskey to reduce by half, about 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in crushed red pepper and the barbecue sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and place the burgers in the barbecue sauce, turning to coat. Allow the burgers to simmer in the sauce until everything's bubbly.
- Place the burgers on individual buns add more sauce over the top of each one before topping with the other half of the bun.